Showstars (4-6 years) Tuesday 1:30-2:30)
- The Showstars Program at Stageworks is a dance combination class that combines ballet, tap, & jazz.
- This one hour class starts with a tap component based on Al Gilbert Tap Syllabus, then moves to ballet technique training inspired by R.A.D. and finishes with the fun and active jazz class.
- The classes stress the basics of tap and allows dancers to build into combinations which are great to watch and delightful to hear.
- This class explores the elements of dance; Body, Space, Force, and Time, through creative exercises that are movement focused rather than story focused.
Twinkle Stars (3-4 years) (Monday 5-5:45)
- An age specific 45 minute class containing ballet, tap and jazz/creative movement.
- The purpose of the class is to introduce young dancers to the three styles of dance and inspire movement and creativity within a positive environment.
- Dancers will also learn basic steps and terminology in all three styles. For example, all dancers will learn what a “plie” is and how to demonstrate one.
- The use of fun, age appropriate music engages the young dancers’ minds and bodies.
Twinkle Babies (2-3 years) (Wednesday 10:30 - 11)
- A thirty minute introductory ballet dance class.
- Young dancers will learn the basic steps while learning how to follow direction and imitate movement in a positive environment.
- Engaging music is used to get these little guys inspired to dance.
- The use of props such as Twinkle bears, enables the young dancers to use their imagination, creativity and, most of all, have fun!
Boys Dance Class (3-5 years) (Friday 10:15 - 10:45)
- A thirty minute combination class that teaches tap, jazz & hiphop
- Specifically designed with boys in mind as they learn differently then girls.
- Geared toward a young boys’ active and physical nature, the purpose of the class is to introduce young male dancers to the three styles of dance and inspire movement and creativity through jumps & turns.
- Dancers also learn basic steps and terminology.