Thank you for your interest. This scholarship is now closed.
Results will be provided through a letter from the Artistic Director
The Stageworks Scholarship Program exists because Stageworks donates funds raised through "special fundraisers" throughout the year. These funds are made available to students who wish to continue with their performance arts training.
- Youth are the future of our community, country and industry.
- The education of students is a shared responsibility among the home, school and community. It is our responsibility to be a community leader that promotes the arts.
- All students have a right to a sound performing arts education that will enable them to apply their learned skills to daily life.
- By supporting those who wish to pursue the performing arts studies, we are assisting in the continuation of the Arts in our community, our province and our country.
Scholarships are available for a student in one of the following areas. Applications can only apply in one area and will not be considered in other areas.
- recreation dancer who competes in a festival each year and trains in access of 2.5 hours per week.
- accelerated dancer who competes in 3 festivals per year and is in the accelerated program and who trains in access of 5 hours per week.
- intensive dancer who competes as a soloist, duet, or small group in 3 festivals per year and is training at least 2.5 hours per week.
- theatre arts student or drama student who train for at least 2.5 hours per week in theatre arts and who is competing in the local music festival.
- Three $250.00 scholarships will be awarded per year to the three areas of dance and a $100.00 scholarship will be awarded to a theatre arts or drama student if applicable.
- The criteria for eligibility for the scholarships will be set by the Artistic Director of Society for Stageworks Academy of the Performing Arts.
- A selection committee made up of three representatives which include (1) Executive Board Member of Stageworks Academy (1) Community Stageworks Member and (1) Performing Arts Professional.
- The committee shall provide the Artistic Director with their recommendations.
- It will then be the Artistic Director's discretion to move forward with the recommendations.
- Recipients will be presented their scholarship in a form of a credit towards tuition at the Final Curtain Call.
How to Apply:
- Students who meet the criteria, as listed above are eligible to apply.
- Students will fill out the online application form.
- Applicants are required to write a cover letter.
- Applicants are also required to upload a headshot to accompany their application.
- All documents are to be uploaded and directed to Darla Lemay, Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadlines for all applications are December 20th, 2019.