Here is yet another team member to meet and uncovering the truth about Melissa Blackwood.
Miss Melissa has been with Stageworks for over 10 years. She has worked super hard to make the Theatre Arts Program her own and share her experiences with our students. And, now we have the amazing Production Group which allows students to experience the other side of theatre.
Now, lets see Miss Melissa's Bio as published on our website. Miss Melissa - Melissa returns for the 8th year as our Theatre Instructor. She has also worked behind the scenes in past Stageworks Musicals such as Grease & Footloose and Guys and Dolls. She also performed the lead role in Mary Poppins. Melissa is dedicated to creating theatre, championing other artists, and to helping the next generation find their voice. Melissa was born and raised in Leduc, and found her passion for the stage and everything theatre, while in high school at Beaumont Comp. Melissa graduated from Grant McEwan's Theatre Arts program and since graduation has toured plays in the fringe festival across Canada written and produced by her production company Poiema Productions. Some of these plays include Happily Ever After?, The Seminar, Middleton: A Folk Musical, and The Seminar: Breakthrough! Melissa has also had the privilege of performing in Ken Brown's adaptation of Joan of Arc in the Fringe Festival. Melissa has also been a part of creating and producing a charity fundraiser called Fashion For Freedom!
Uncovering the Truth
Some fun facts about Melissa is:
- Miss Melissa likes to stay active and is very competitive in sports and life.
- Her favorite food is pizza, especially chicken club and vegie.
- Her greatest role model is Jesus.
- My most embarrassing memory is when I sang O Canada for the Blackgold Rodeo and I forgot the words, I pretended I was stopping for the audience to join in. And . . . they asked me back.
- My sister is amazing and is just like me.
- My guilty pleasure is Chocolate, who's isn't?
- My Best Friend would describe me as adventurous, fun and a sweet child like creature.
- She is passionate about recycling and "clean" products (no chemicals).
Stageworks brings Miss Melissa to your children because she is a great role model and tirelessly works with youth and mentors them. She is an incredible mentor as well to your children.
Welcome Miss Melissa back and we can't wait for another exciting year.